City Clerk and Deputy Clerk
The City Clerk’s office is located directly to the left as you enter City Hall located at 745 Second Street.
To act as a courteous and efficient liaison between the general public, the Mayor, Council members and City Staff. To ensure all vital records are maintained with integrity and in a manner that meets local and state requirements while also making information easily accessible to the public.
What We Do
The City Clerk is elected for a four-year term and serves as a liaison between the public and the Mayor and Council members. The City Clerk is responsible for the following:
- To maintain the custody of the City's public records, including certification, indexing, filing, and proper destruction.
- To attend meetings of the City Council and retain records and minutes as required by state law.
- To attest to, publish and/or post ordinances and resolutions upon passage by the City Council.
- To prepare meeting packets for Council Members and staff as well as to develop, finalize and post agendas including notice to the public and the press.
- To perform follow-up activities resulting from Council meetings, including transcribing and posting minutes, ensuring that resolutions and ordinances are in proper format, signed and sealed, tracking committee and board actions, and preparing letters of acceptance or rejection from public requests.
- To administer the Oath of Office for City Officials and appointed staff.
- To maintain the custody of the official City Seal.
- To act as FOIA Officer for the City of La Salle.
- To provide Notary services for the public.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
For information on acquiring information via the Freedom of Information Act, please click here to visit our FOIA Information page.
Mike Kasap -- 923 Marquette St., LaSalle, IL 61301 (815) 223-8360
Joseph Savitch -- 545 Baker Avenue LaSalle, IL 61301 (815) 223-7622
Questions or Comments?
We consider our residents to be a vital part of our City. It is only through your feedback that we may determine if we are meeting the needs of our community. Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have by phone at (815) 223-0077, by fax at (815) 223-9508, or by email Carrie Brown by clicking here or Brent Bader, Deputy Clerk by clicking here.