Water & Sewer Rates
Frequently Asked Water Service Questions
My current water bill is higher than previous months - what can I do?
- You may have a silent leak in the toilet
- Dripping Faucet
- Faulty Water softener or heater
Call our office (815) 223-4579, and we can help determine the cause.
How are water and sewer charges calculated?
Sewer charges are calculated based on the cubic feet (cf) of water used each billing cycle. If you use 100cf of water, you are billed for 100cf in sewer charges.
Where can I pay my water bill?
Bills may be paid in the following ways:
- Direct Debit (ACH): deducts your monthly water bill payment from a specified checking/savings account automatically.
- Mail in: mail your payment with the statement stub sent to you with your bill.
- Drop off: you can drop off your payments at the City Hall cashiers area in the 24-hour drop box located on the southeast side of City Hall (entrance closest to Turk Furniture). You may also drop it in the 24-hour drop box located in the alley on the north side of the building between City Hall and Eureka Bank.