External Site Policy
The purpose of the city of La Salle's website is to provide the public with relevant information about the La Salle government; it's departments, city development, community points of interest, and other critical communications. This purpose includes promoting tourism, development, commerce, and community involvement.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using the city of La Salle's website, the user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless, the City of La Salle, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising out of the user's use of this website or materials and information contained on this site.
Exit Notification/Disclaimer Policy
Links with this icon () indicate that you are leaving the City of La Salle Website. Please be aware that the Internet sites available through these links and the materials that you may find are not provided by, endorsed by or under the control of the City of La Salle.
Therefore, the City cannot and does not make any representation to you about these sites or the materials available on the sites. The fact that you may be able to access these additional sites from the City's website is not an endorsement or recommendation to you by the City of any of these sites or any material found there. The City is providing these links only as a convenience to you, and you will access these additional sites at your own risk. For more information on exit notifications and disclaimers for non-federal Web sites, click here to visit the HHS Web standards website.
The materials and information contained on or obtained from this website, are distributed and transmitted "AS IS" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The information contained on this website, including information obtained from external links thereon, is provided without any representation of any kind as to accuracy or content and should be verified by the user.
The City of La Salle is not responsible for any general, direct, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the website and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the website are provided by the City of La Salle or a third party.
External Linking Policy
External Links from City of La Salle Government Website
The City of La Salle permits the establishment of links to external websites on the City's official website solely in conformance with this official Website and Linking Policy ("Policy").
At its discretion, the City may provide links to external sites that fall into one of the following categories:
- Other governmental agencies (.gov domains);
- Other municipalities (official municipal .us domains);
- Private utilities that have a franchise from the City of La Salle by which the City regulates or monitors customer service issues, e.g. National Grid, Dig Safe, United Water, etc.;
- Public and non-profit private, bona fide educational institutions as defined in RI TITLE 16 Education (.edu domains);
- U.S. Military (.mil domains);
- Non-profit organizations as defined in the Internal Revenue Code §501(c)(6) (.org domains);
- Any association located in or managing a location which has received a historical site designation by the National Register of Historic Places in conjunction with the City of La Salle's committees or organizations in charge of historic sites.
- Non-profit organizations that partner with the City of La Salle to meet the City's strategic or operational goals (.org domains).
The City of La Salle reserves the right to: (1) deny an External Link to any person, business or organization when it is determined, following review, that the entity or organization does not meet the criteria set forth in this policy; and/or (2) deny an External Link to any person, business or organization which fails to provide truthful information.
Examples of the type of websites that the City's website will not provide an External Link to:
- Web sites representing for-profit businesses (.com, .biz or any other commercial top-level domains);
- Promoting or exhibiting hate, bias, discrimination, pornography; libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or any ballot proposal;
- Associated with Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue;
- Furthering the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office;
- Furthering the non-charitable agenda of a labor union;
- Violating any of the City's equal opportunity or norms and values policies;
- That are individual or personal home pages.
Removal of External Link from City Website
The City's reserves the right to immediately and without notice to any person or organization: (1) remove any External Link if the nature of the organization or business to which the link relates no longer complies with the City's External Link Policy; (2) discontinue an External Link at any time if entities' website parallels any of the above examples of websites the City will not link to), or incorrect information at any time; or (3) to revise this Policy without prior notice when to do so is deemed to be in the best interests of the City of La Salle.
Location and Appearance of External Links
The City reserves the right to determine how and where External Links will appear on its website; i.e. what page the link appears on and where the link is placed on the page.
The City Seal is a trademark of the City of La Salle. Any use of the materials stored on the City's website is prohibited without the written permission of the City of La Salle. The City of La Salle retains all intellectual property rights including copyrights on all text, graphic images, and other content. This means that the following acts or activities are prohibited without prior, written permission from the City of La Salle: (1) modification and/or re-use text, images or other website content from a City server; (2) distribution of the City's website content; or (3) "mirroring" the City's information on a non-City server.
Third Party Materials
Some materials and information used on the City of La Salle's website were generated by third parties who have consented to the City's use or placement of such materials on this site. These materials are owned by those parties. Use of these third party materials for any purpose is prohibited. Persons seeking to use or modify third party materials for any purpose should contact the owner of such materials directly. These materials include icons and graphics used in links to other organizations' sites, as well as various items of general content.
Links to the City of La Salle's Website
Advance permission to link to the City's Website is not necessary. However, the organization linking to the City of La Salle's website should understand that content and internal web links may change at any time without notice.
Entities and individuals shall not link to the City's website nor capture pages within frames and present the City's website content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent this website's content or misinform users about the origin or ownership of its content.
All Rights Reserved, Copyrighted © City of La Salle 2007-2017