COVID-19 Updates for the City of La Salle
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
To be notified of COVID-19 vaccination clinics, we are asking anyone eligible for Phase 1B to complete the "COVID-19 Vaccine Notification Sign-up" Form. Please visit LaSalle County's website at www.lasallecounty.org and click the red COVID-19 Vaccine icon on the right side of the page. There you will find a green "COVID-19 Phase 1B Vaccine Notification Sign-up" link where you can complete the form.
After completing this form, individuals will be notified by an email from the LaSalle County Health Department when a clinic has been scheduled. Please complete the form as soon as possible as clinic plans are being finalized. The email will contain a link to register for the clinic and the ability to choose an appointment time. Clinics and appointments will be based on vaccine availability and are subject to change. Scheduled appointments are necessary due to social distancing requirements and the recommended wait time after receiving the vaccine.
Eligible persons for this phase include:
- Individuals over 65 years of age
- Front line Workers (fire, law enforcement, 911 workers, security personnel, school officers)
- Educators (Pre-K through 12th grade, and child care: teachers, principals, support, daycare workers)
- Food and Agriculture (Processing, Plants, Veterinary Health, Livestock Services, Animal Care)
- Manufacturing (Industrial Production of Goods for Distribution to Retail, Wholesale and Other Manufacturing)
- Corrections Workers and Inmates (Prison/Jail Officers, Juvenile Facility Staff, workers Providing In-Person Support, Inmates)
- United States Postal Services Workers
- Public Transit Workers (Flight Crew, Bus Drives, Train Conductors, Taxi Drivers, Ride Sharing Services)
- Grocery Store Workers (Baggers, Cashiers, Stockers, Pick-Up, Customer Service)
- Shelters/Adult Day Care (Homeless Shelter, Women's Shelter, Adult Day/Drop-in Program, Sheltered Workshop, Psycho-Social Rehab)
Payroll Protection Program (PPP) offering a 2nd draw and application period
- First Draw PPP Loans for first-time program participants
- Second Draw PPP Loans beginning January 13, 2021, for certain businesses who have previously received a PPP loan
Tier 2 Mitigations into effect on 1/15/21
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Metrics: https://dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=2
(1/15 COVID-19 Update) Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker announced La Salle County will be progressing to Tier 2 of the state's COVID-19 mitigation plan. This tier allows for the opening of gaming establishments as well as allows for gatherings of 10 or fewer. The following is a guide explaining the difference between the tiers.
Water bills should be paid online, by mail to 745 2nd St, La Salle, IL 61301 or by using the drop box located between City Hall and Eureka Savings Bank.
- Pay your water bill online
- Late fees resumed on July 2.
- Those experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic can call City Hall and set up a payment plan. For this assistance, contact Finance Director John Duncan at 779-201-5347 or email email@example.com.
City Hall is open to the public
For questions call (815) 223-3755 and when prompted, enter these extensions:
- Water Billing Questions x5032
- Deputy City Clerk/FOIA Requests, Director of Public Relations (Brent Bader) x5028
- Permits, Mayor’s Office, Light Displays, City Events x5026
- Building Inspector/Fire Chief (Andy Bacidore) x5020
- Police Chief (Mike Smudzinski) x5001
- Public Works (Jeff Bumgarner) x5022
- City Engineer (Brian Brown) x5019
- Parks & Recreation (Lynda Kasik) x5023
- Economic Dev, business incentives, grants & new business (Leah Inman) x5021
Prevent the spread of COVID-19 and Statewide Information
- The State of Illinois COVID-19 Information Website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Governor Pritzker's Executive Orders to date
- Link to the Illinois Department of Employment Security
Business Incentives (Grants and Financial Assistance)
- Federally Funded - CARES Act Our nation's small businesses are facing an unprecedented economic disruption due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. On Friday, March 27, 2020, the President signed into law the CARES Act, which contains $376 billion in relief for American workers and small businesses. Additional funding has been added during a 2nd round.
- Contact your bank and/or accountant for assistance with this program.
- A complete guide to the CARES Act
- State Funded Programs
- For additional business incentives, visit the Development page
Assistance for eligible Illinois residents
Effective immediately, eligible Illinois residents and families can apply to receive assistance with food, rent, utilities, temporary shelter, medicine, and other essential household services. To learn more about these expanded offerings and to fill out new remote applications made live today, visit www.helpillinoisfamilies.com
Residents who believe they may be eligible are encouraged to visit the website and follow easy steps to apply immediately. The State is reminding applicants of the following documentation required for applying, depending on the type of assistance being sought:
- Proof of employment (paystubs) for the head of the household for the last 30 days.
- Copy of current heat and electric bills issued within the last 30 days (if they pay for their energy directly).
- Copy of their rental agreement (if they are renting) showing that utilities are not included, the monthly rental amount and landlord contact information.
- Proof of Social Security numbers for all household members.
Assistance for Senior Citizens
Funding is available to assist with things such as grocery and medical delivery, assistance with setting up resources such as in-home care, meal delivery, emergency response systems, caregiver support, etc. Help is provided over the phone during the pandemic.
Older adults or caregivers can call Alternatives for You at 309-277-0167 or visit their website at www.alternativesforyou.org. See additional program details listed in the files on the right side of this webpage.