The City of La Salle is hiring a 'B' Licensed Water Treatment Operator
The City of LaSalle is accepting applications for the position for a Licensed Class “B” Water Treatment Plant Operator. This position is responsible for the operation of the City’s water treatment distribution system.
This position will perform inspections, readings, chemical tests, and adjust equipment as indicated by test results. Other duties at all treatment plants include: filling of chemical mixing tanks, changing chlorine tanks and cylinders, moving dry chemical totes and liquid chemical barrels, and facility housekeeping of assigned areas.
Applicants are required to:
- Have a Class “B” water operator certification upon application.
- Have graduated from a high school or GED equivalent
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have three years of experience relating to pumpage and treatment/distribution of water for a municipality.
- Have experience in industrial wiring and using a SCADA system.
- Be able to perform heavy, manual tasks safely for extended periods of time.
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and be able to maintain positive and effective working relationships with others.
Prior to employment, the applicant must pass a background check as well as a physical and drug screening. Applications are available at City Hall, 745 2nd Street, or online at lasalle-il.gov. They can be returned to City Hall or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of La Salle is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted until May 24, 2021.